eLearning App Development Trends
The eLearning industry came into existence a long time ago but during the COVID-19 pandemic, the concept hit the spotlight across the globe. An Exploding Topics report says that over the past 5 years, the search volume for the term “eLearning” has increased by 271%. The industry is leveraging several technologies like smartphones, the internet, Artificial Intelligence (AI), the Internet of Things (IoT), Virtual Reality (VR)/Augmented Reality (AR), and more, to expand its global coverage and make education more accessible.
Now, in this article, we are specifically focusing on how iOS and Android development companies are optimizing their app development strategies to help the education sector. We will have a deeper understanding of some of the crucial steps involved in the process of developing a perfect app for the eLearning industry. So, if you find this discussion intriguing, stay with us until the end of this article to have some more insights.
Crucial eLearning App Development Trends
So, as the eLearning industry evolves, new trends keep influencing the overall eLearning app development industry. Moving forward, we are listing some of the crucial eLearning app development trends that are going to remain popular in 2023. Let’s have a look:
One of the most entertaining ways of presenting learning content is to gamify everything in the app. Gamification, whether in the eLearning or traditional learning process, is done to make the learning experience more playful and rewarding. Some common examples of gamification are puzzles, quizzes, etc.
2. AR/VR Applications
Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality are two technologies that are making the learning experience more interactive. Now, by leveraging other technologies such as IoT and 3D, educators are creating virtual content for learners to use. These strategies offer more visual and realistic experiences to learners, so that memorization can be easier for them.
3. AI-Based Learning
Another top eLearning app development trend that you will come across is using AI and machine learning to make the learning process smarter and more productive. With the help of deep learning, educators can train apps to track the learning pattern of a learner, and then machine learning can personalize the learning process for them. These technologies are useful for strengthening weaker sections of the learning process and for better time management.
4. AI Chatbots
App developers are now increasing their reliance on chatbots, as chatbots are getting smarter with each passing day. With the help of technologies like AI, chatbots are now capable of offering better personalization, performance, and understanding to app users. These chatbots can communicate in multiple languages and understand their app users better by observing them.
Steps To Develop An eLearning App
Well, now that we have listed some of the most popular trends from the eLearning app development industry, let’s have a look at the process that has to be followed to build a good eLearning app. Furthermore, we are including some of the crucial steps to be taken to build an app to educate people.
- The research process has to be the first step in the roadmap to build an eLearning app, as it will help you in finding out about the problems that you can eliminate with the help of your app. The research process will also help you in understanding your target markets better, and in figuring out which user groups can be beneficial for your goal to build the app, whether it is to earn good revenues, or make education more accessible, or both.
- Coming up with an idea and then converting that idea into a plan will involve several categories of planning, and once you are done with the plan, you will have to find the right team or app development company that can help you in converting your plan into a reality.
- Budgeting to estimate overall costs involved in the process of building the app, marketing it, deploying it, and the post-release costs like upgrading it, maintenance, and more.
- Figuring out technologies that you want to integrate into your app. However, the technologies that your app requires will entirely depend on the features that you want to offer. As mentioned, AI, IoT, 3D, AR/VR, etc., are some of the popular technologies used for eLearning apps.
- Targeting the right operating system on which to release your app is crucial. Also, the compatibility of your app with older versions of targeted operating systems can influence the growth of the app as well.
- Planning marketing campaigns and channels that you want to use to market your app better. Some of the most common tools used for marketing apps are social media channels, affiliate marketing, etc.
- Deploying the app and keeping an eye on its performance to ensure that the app is not glitching or annoying its users with performance issues. The early reputation of your app matters the most, as it influences whether more people try your app in the future.
- Update and maintain your app regularly to keep it compatible with evolving versions of the operating system.
Well, that was all to help you in understanding some of the crucial trends and steps of building your eLearning app. However, it is crucial to understand that these steps are given on the basis of the recommendations of app development experts. Your app development process can revolve around these steps, but it can optimize them as well, depending on your requirement. We hope that this article will be helpful to you, in building your next eLearning project.
Leave a Reply